Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It All Starts Here

It all started with one message. I thought he was the typical guy; his message was the typical line that guys always use. Sometimes, I can’t help but think that they just copy and paste it.

I know because I, at one time did that, too.

I checked his profile. His primary picture was taken by the beach, shirts off. His tummy was flat (thank God for guys with flat tummies, there’s not much left). I couldn’t tell if he has a 6-pack abs because the picture was miniature and the resolution looked like it was taken with a ½ Megapixel camera, but he looks muy delicioso.

Now, I know better than to be fooled with Friendster photos. A little snip here and a little trim there with the use of Adobe Photoshop can make Ara Mina a size 0.

I know because I just know (and no, I don’t do that if that’s what you are thinking).

But well, there’s only one way to find out.

I texted JC…

Bes, do u know sum1 named Francis fr Ateneo? He sent me a message sa Frndster. Frnd m daw xa.

Right after I sent the message, JC was calling me. And JC, being the exaggerated Chinese-Ilocano kuripot that he is (even though he doesn’t have a droplet of Chinese and Ilocano blood) has probably called me only once in our entire friendship. And that one time was using their office phone.

But he’s calling me with his own bloody cellphone. I immediately answered just so I can say that he called me for once in his life.

“Si Francis? Si Francis na taga Unionbank na nagmamaster’s sa Ateneo? Si Francis? Ha? Ha? Ha?”

He talked as if he’s on the verge of an orgasm. Make that a double orgasm.

“Yes…”

“You must be kidding me!!! That guy is so pihikan and he’s never had a girlfriend. Why would he send you a message?”

“Hey, I don’t know. Kaya nga tinatanong ko sa iyo eh gaga!”

After another minute or so of “Sure ka si Francis na taga-Ateneo? Baka naman nagkakamali ka lang. Palogin nga sa Friendster mo to check with my own eyes? At bakit ka naman niya imemessage?” he finally put the phone down.

I never doubted my charisma with men. And I’ve been used to guys sending me friendster messages all the time (after all I’m wearing a 2-piece swimsuit in my un-photoshopped primary pic). And JC has been used to that too?

So why is he talking as if it’s a BIG HUMONGOUS deal?

No comments: